Here is our favorite recipe for healthy, gluten-free banana chocolate chip muffins!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Rub a butter wrapper on muffin cups or otherwise grease them so the muffins won’t stick.
3. Over a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients and gently stir to combine.
100 grams cloud 9 flour
100 grams Western family flour
120 g brown sugar
1 ml salt
5 ml baking soda
5 ml baking powder
3 x 5 ml cinnamon
4. In a small bowl, mix together wet ingredients:
125 ml milk
125 ml olive oil
160 g banana, mashed
120 g chocolate chips
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
8. Pour into muffin cups. Makes 6 large muffins. Bake 35 minutes on the top rack, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out cleanly.
9. Remove muffins from the pans and place on wire racks to cool.
10. Wash the dishes while muffins are baking to save time! The total time required is about 1 hour.