Zucchini is good source of phosphorus, copper, magnesium, potassium, manganese, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and the B vitamins.
Here is our favorite recipe for healthy, gluten-free zucchini-cranberry muffins!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Rub a butter wrapper on muffin cups or otherwise grease the pans so the muffins won’t stick to them.
3. Over a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients and gently stir to combine.
200 grams cloud 9 flour
200 grams chickpea flour
5 ml salt
5 ml baking soda
5 ml baking powder
4 x 5 ml cinnamon
4. In a second large bowl, mix together wet ingredients:
125 ml pear sauce
125 ml olive oil
2 cups granulated sugar
4 x 5 ml vanilla extract
5. Grate 500 g of zucchini and stir into wet ingredients.
6. Add 120 g of dried cranberries into wet ingredients and stir to combine.
7. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients, and mix well.
8. Pour into muffin cups. Bake 45 minutes on the top rack, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out cleanly.
9. Remove muffins from the pans and place on wire racks to cool.
10. Wash the dishes while muffins are baking to save time! The total time required is about 1 hour.