It’s such a blessing to begin a new season! Spring always seems like such a joy to me with it’s brighter and warmer days, after winter’s darkness and coldness. We are happy to officially begin spring and Spring Break today. This season holds another treasure for us as a family: we await the birth of a new baby any day now. Everything is as ready as possible, and any extra events or tasks of our schedule are paused. Basic household chores naturally continue, as do stories, games, park days, and visits with family and friends.
May you also have a happy Spring Break, full of joy as a new season of life begins!
Monday February 20th marks the first day of our 3rd term for grade 4 and preschool. Every term, we review where we’re at in our learning standards and curriculum books, and what we need to accomplish during the rest of the year. I’ve updated our daily home routine, and K-3 and 4-5 schedule to reflect the new routines and abilities of our students – H, age 9; T, age 4; L, age 4, and C, age 2. We are at a really nice point in our homeschool journey since everyone can participate, help out, follow a routine, and enjoy what’s going on. In about a month we will have a new baby, so it will be interesting to see how much our general schedule helps maintain order for the older kids, or how long we take a baby vacation!
My goals are as follows:
- Make a peaceful home where learning happens.
- Read books, do experiments and workbooks, take field trips.
- Learn how to find information and how to fit it together.
- I write about what we’re learning, then I write and the students copy it, then the students write it themselves.
- Little kids may come to work at the table or play freely as they wish.
- Review all work once a month.