Monday February 20th marks the first day of our 3rd term for grade 4 and preschool. Every term, we review where we’re at in our learning standards and curriculum books, and what we need to accomplish during the rest of the year. I’ve updated our daily home routine, and K-3 and 4-5 schedule to reflect the new routines and abilities of our students – H, age 9; T, age 4; L, age 4, and C, age 2. We are at a really nice point in our homeschool journey since everyone can participate, help out, follow a routine, and enjoy what’s going on. In about a month we will have a new baby, so it will be interesting to see how much our general schedule helps maintain order for the older kids, or how long we take a baby vacation!
My goals are as follows:
- Make a peaceful home where learning happens.
- Read books, do experiments and workbooks, take field trips.
- Learn how to find information and how to fit it together.
- I write about what we’re learning, then I write and the students copy it, then the students write it themselves.
- Little kids may come to work at the table or play freely as they wish.
- Review all work once a month.