Here is our favorite recipe for healthy, gluten-free carrot chocolate chip muffins!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Rub a butter wrapper on muffin cups or otherwise grease the pans so the muffins won’t stick to them.
3. Over a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients and gently stir to combine.
100 grams cloud 9 flour
100 grams Western Family gluten free 1-1 flour
1 ml sea salt
5 ml baking soda
5 ml baking powder
2 x 5 ml cinnamon
4. In a medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients:
125 ml milk
125 ml olive oil
120 g brown sugar
160 g carrots, grated
120 g white chocolate chips.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
6. Pour into muffin cups. Makes 6 large muffins. Bake 35 minutes on the top rack, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out cleanly.
7. Remove muffins from the pans and place on wire racks to cool.
8. Wash the dishes while muffins are baking to save time! The total time required is about 1 hour.